Best Elden Ring Reshade to make the game ultra-realistic.
From software’s highly anticipated open-world finally came out on 25th February 2022. The game was well-received by the fans with many claiming the game to be their GOTY already. Elden Ring’s huge world is a truly mesmerizing world with some beautiful art design that makes the world truly gorgeous. However, as you play the game it gets more and more clear that the textures of the game were fairly low-poly and were far from anything ‘next-gen’. I decided to fix this and the results made Elden Ring look much better, more realistic and immersive.
Elden Ring graphics overhaul.
Steps to make Elden Ring look ultra realistic with Elden- Lit mod
- Download the Elden Ring ‘Elden Lit – Graphics overhaul‘ mod.
- Extract the Zip file.
- Run Elen-Lit installer as administrator.
- Click download and Install.
- Specify the location of Eldenring.exe (XXX/Elden Ring/Game)on your system.
- Click ‘open’
- Choose the native resolution you play the game on and click install.
- After the mod is installed exit the setup and lauch the game.
- Click ‘L-shift + F2’ on keyboard to bring up the Reshade overlay.
- Use F3 to toggle the Reshade effects on/off.
The Results of the ‘Elden-Lit’ mod for Elden Ring
The Elden Lit mod provides the following features and provides the graphics with a complete overhaul making the game look much better and ultra-realistic.
- The Elden Lit mod removes the green-tint from the sky providing the game with more dark and rotten vibe.
- The Elden Lit mod de-saturates the colours and improves contrast to provide the game with a more realistic look.
- Improves shadows and texture quality as a lot of models use low quality textures.
- Removes the blur used by the vanilla game.
Images and comparison – Elden Lit Vs Vanilla game (no mod)
Performance loss due to the Elden Lit mod
The Elden Lit mod enhances the graphics majorly and isn’t just a brightness-contrast based preset that only barely changes the lightning of the game. Hence the performance loss was not as low as a common ReShade preset but it wasn’t that bad altogether. The game without the mod at max-settings runs at a constant 60 fps with a few fps drops on my PC while with the Elden Lit mod installed the performance was slightly dropped but there were no major noticeable issues.
There is only a 5-10% performance loss in terms of frames while playing the game. The difference in visuals is far greater than the minimalistic drop in performance making it a fair trade in my opinion.
Below, I have shown my In-game settings and the FPS with the mod installed. If you are experiencing lags/stuttering while playing Elden Ring, read our guide here for complete optimization of your Elden Ring performance and fix stutters and fps drops.
- Ryzen 5 3600
- GTX 1660 Super
- 16 GB 3000 MHz
How to Uninstall the Elden Lit mod.
If you end up not liking the result or ran into some problems due to the ReShade here are the steps to easily Uninstall the mod and remove it completely.
Delete the following files from the ‘Game’ folder.
- reshade-shaders folder
- reshade-presets folder
The overall world of Elden Ring has a great Art-design but the atmosphere and lightning can feel washed-out and bland sometimes the Elden LIT Graphics overhaul is truly the best Elden Ring ReShade that gives Elden Ring an Ultra Realistic look.
If you experience any stutters or major fps drops check out our guide on how to fix stutters and fps drops in Elden Ring here.