How to Lean/Peek Manually in Cyberpunk 2077
Peeking or Leaning is rather a new feature in First-person shooters. The leaning feature allows players to quickly aim-down sight and manoeuvre left and right out of cover. As seen before in games-like Rainbow Six Siege and PUBG the Leaning feature allows players to deal with enemies in a fluid and exciting way. As most of the body remains in cover allowing a safer way to shoot rather than exposing yourself in open entirely. Although unlike most other games Cynerpunk implements this feature differently. Cyberpunk uses a more “Automatic” approach as you can only Peek when you aim-down sight at the edge of a wall. The game sort of puts you on the rail and leans your head out when aiming from behind cover which somewhat takes away the fluidity from the gameplay. In this guide, we will show you how to Lean/Peek Manually in Cyberpunk 2077 like Rainbow Six Siege.
How to Peek Manually like Rainbow Six Siege in Cyberpunk 2077?
In order to enable manual Peeking, you will need to install the Advanced Control Mod. The Advanced Control Mod enable various hotkeys for the game and assigns them to perform certain actions making the gameplay more fluid and seamless.
How to install the Advanced Controls Mod
Here are all the steps you need to install the Advanced Controls mod in order to enable Manual Peeking/Leaning in Cyberpunk 2077
- Install Cyber Engine Tweaks from the following link
- Extract and paste the ‘bin’ folder to the root directory of the game.(Where bin folder is located)
- Now, upon launching the game Cyber Engine Tweaks should pop up automatically asking you to bind an input to bring up the overlay
Note– In case the game pop up doesn’t appear make sure the version of Cyber Engine Tweaks is compatible with the version of the game you are using. If the error still persists read the log present at ‘Cyberpunk 2077\bin\x64\plugins\cyber_engine_tweaks’ in the following location, the log file is named cyber_engine_tweaks.txt. Check and see why the launch failed!
- After making sure that Cyber Engine Tweaks is correctly installed download the Advanced Control Mod from the following link.
- Paste the contents of the Zip in the root directory of the game.
- Now hit the Key assigned earlier to bring up the Cyber Engine Tweaks overlay
- Navigate to the bindings section.
- Bind keys for Lean Right & Lean Left
- Save the settings and close the Cyber Engine Tweaks overlay.
this should allow you to be able to use Lean/Peek with the hotkey bounded!
Leaning & Peeking manually makes the game more fluid and provides the users more control in combat. You can also entirely disable the Auto-Lean feature by going to the following location in the games directory ‘Cyberpunk 2077\bin\x64\plugins\cyber_engine_tweaks\mods\Advanced Control’ and opening the “init.Lua” file and changing the “disableFirstEquip = false” to “true”.
The modding community has produced a number of mods to make the game better overall. Read here about all the mods you need to install in order to make the game better!