How to Ride the Metro in Cyberpunk 2077
CD Projekt Red recently rolled out the 1.5 Update for Cyberpunk 2077. A ton of new content and fixes were added to the game making the game feel more like what it was supposed to be. Cyberpunk 2077 didn’t get the best of the starts however, it seems the game is on the right track after more than a year since its initial release. The recent update introduced new mechanics and content like new purchasable Apartments, customization options for the default V Apartment, better AI, more interactions throughout the Night City and much more. The update was more than 50GB in size and definitely improved the game significantly. However, one much-wanted feature is still missing from the game – an interactable Metro system. Read till the end to see how to ride the Metro in Cyberpunk 2077 with mods.
Offical news regarding the Metro system update in Cyberpunk 2077
Recently, some screenshots about an under-construction metro system were seen spreading on Reddit emerging some hope for a working Metro System. However, the rumours were soon put to bed as the global community director at CD Projekt Red Marcin Momot responded to the image, saying: “Sorry to be the buzz killer but that’s not it. There are no plans to add metro to the game.” Well, that truly is a real bummer and seems like the Metro is going to remain only for show.
The Modding supermacy
Since CDPR confirmed that they have no plans to introduce a working Metro system to Cyberpunk 2077 the modders decided to take the matters into their own hands. The modding community has managed to create a complete Metro System for Cyberpunk 2077!
Cyberpunk 2077 Metro System mod
Modders have stepped up again after building an entire Metro System into the game. The mod introduces an interactable Metro station that can be used to travel across Night City in First-person and Third-person mode! The mod enhances the immersive-ness as the players need to go inside the metro and even wait for their ride.
In addition to that, the mod adds the following features-.
- Adds a fully useable Metro (NCART) System to the game
- Lets you switch between third person and first-person perspective
- Adds 19 handbuilt stations, where you wait for the train.
How to Install the Metro System Mod
- Important – The mod requires Cyber Engine Tweaks and Native Settings UI installed in order to work.
- Download both the Zip files from the link above and paste them to the root directory of the game
- Download the Metro System mod from the following link.
- Extract it into the root directory of the game.
How to use the Metro System mod:
Entering a station:
- Go to any of the Metro fast travel points on the map which will be highlighted on the map
- Hitting “Interact” while on the world map will place a pin on the closest station
- Interact with any of the fast travel gates to enter the station
- Finally wait for the metro to arrive
In addition to that, the Native Settings UI mod allows players to make various customizations to the mod like changing the third-person camera height and choosing the seat for players inside the metro.
The Metro System mod builds up a great experience and fills up for the void left by CD Projekt Red.
Read more about the best Cyberpunk 2077 mods that make the game better here.