Super Mario Odyssey complete Yuzu setup guide for best performance
Nintendo’s critically acclaimed platformer Super Mario Odyssey has won the hearts of millions of gamers all over the world. Players are eager to play this masterpiece on their PCs using the Yuzu emulator because of its gorgeous aesthetics, compelling gameplay, and nostalgic appeal. We’ll provide you with a thorough setup guide in this article so that Super Mario Odyssey runs as smoothly as possible on Yuzu.
Before starting, in case this is your first time using Yuzu follow our Yuzu set-up guide. If not you can get going right away, keep in mind there are some setting specific to some games and hence follow our guide to the end to get the best and the most deserved performance for this masterpiece.
Make sure your PC satisfies the system requirements for Yuzu before beginning the setup process. These are the recommended specs for running Super Mario Odyssey on Yuzu.
- Operating System: Windows 10 (64-bit)
- Processor: Intel Core i5 or better
- RAM: 8 GB or more
- GPU: 4GB or better
- Storage: 20 GB of free space
- Yuzu Version: Latest stable release or Yuzu EA
Downloading and Installing Yuzu
Visit the official Yuzu website (https://yuzu-emu.org/) and download the latest stable release suitable for your operating system. Yuzu is primarily developed for Windows, but experimental builds are available for Linux and macOS.
Now, the first thing you will need is the Yuzu keys, which you can dump from your Nintendo Switch directly using this guide, from the YUZU main menu screen go to File<Open Yuzu folder and paste your keys inside the ‘keys’ folder.
Optimising YUZU for you and getting that performance boost
- Enable Multicore Cpu emulation
- Set the Accuracy level to Auto
- Use Vulkan API
- Enable disk pipeline cache, asynchronous GPU emulation, and Accelerate ASTC texture decoding.
- Set GPU accuracy to normal or high depending on your hardware and enable Fast time GPU.
- Disable Vsync and asynchronous shader building.
- Download and install the Disable Dynamic Resolution and the Disable FXAA mods from here.
- Right-click the game title in the Yuzu main menu and click on ‘Open mod data location’.
- Extract the downloaded mods and paste them into the mod data folder.
If you’re experiencing subpar performance, here are a few additional steps to optimize Super Mario Odyssey on Yuzu:
- Ensure your GPU drivers are up to date.
- Close any unnecessary background applications to free up system resources.
- Disable any overlays, such as Steam or Discord, as they can interfere with Yuzu’s performance.
- Experiment with different graphics settings to find the right balance between performance and visual quality.
Yuzu’s creators are constantly working to make it better, and they provide regular updates that include performance improvements and bug fixes. Update Yuzu frequently to take advantage of the newest improvements.In the meantime check out our guide on how to play the Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time on an Android device.
As many gamers as possible should play Super Mario Odyssey because it is a fantastic game. You can experience the wonder of Mario’s adventures on your PC with a slick performance and gorgeous visuals by following this Yuzu setup guide and optimising your hardware. Emulation elevates your Nintendo Switch experience to a whole new level by letting you relive classic games and broaden your gaming horizons. Have fun playing!